[ RadSafe ] Maypuri Co-60 news items -- source of co-60

Mark Ramsay mark.ramsay at ionactive.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 01:59:10 CDT 2010

Morning all

Sorry if I have missed a posting but ...

This incident now has INES Rating 4 on the IEAE events website.

http://www-news.iaea.org/news/topics/topic/default.asp?topicID=910

(You may need to login has a guest).

Reasonable write up with dose estimates but no activity (but one can make a judgement)

With respect to the article below, the sources appear to have gone through several half life (I think rough estimate was 1/256 of activity remaining using 1968 as reference date).

Rgs

Mark