No subject

Fri Apr 23 14:26:27 CDT 2010

-------------
Radiation  emitted by a computer monitor triggered a bomb scare that shut
down a terminal  at Newark, New  Jersey's Liberty International Airport,
authorities said,  as they announced the investigation was over and the terminal
 reopened.

According to the FBI, the Port Authority of New York and New  Jersey and
other law enforcement officials, the device was being shipped in  checked
baggage on the same flight with its owner, and despite initial  suspicions,
there was no cause for alarm.

"Based on initial reports we  have received from our agents on the scene
working with the Union County bomb  squad and Port Authority Police Department
and TSA, the suspicious package is  a computer monitor emitting small
amounts of radiation -which is normal for  this device," said FBI agent Bryan
Travers from the Newark Field Division.  "The device is being shipped to the
same destination as it's [sic] owner who  is already in flight. It appears
there is no cause for alarm, but authorities  are taking the necessary
precautions to be certain."

The possible  device was discovered behind a counter, officials from the
Port Authority of  New York and New Jersey told ABC News, and employees
alerted Transportation  Security Administration Bomb Appraisal Officers, who began
their investigation  shortly after 7:00 a.m.

As Lily Tomlin once observed,  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't
keep up."

Rick  Strickert
Austin,  TX