[ RadSafe ] "Countdown to Zero" disarmament movie

Shane Connor webmaster at ki4u.com
Sun Aug 15 22:14:01 CDT 2010

Regarding Iran, I share the concerns their leadership is a dire threat,
and need to be dealt with severely before they ever unleash a nuke.

However, I'm cautious not to demonize the whole population there.

Many of the citizens there are clearly not in lock-step with their Arab
neighbors in hatred of Israel or USA. Many consider themselves to
be Persians, not Arabs, nor are most even Sunni Muslims, like the
Arabs from Saudi Arabia who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks.

More enlightening, after 9/11, many students there, numbering in
the tens of thousands, alone, amongst all Islamic nations, under
threat and intimidation by their govt literally beating them off the
streets repeatedly, held candlelight vigils in sympathy for the 9/11
victims in Tehran and elsewhere in Iran. Quite the contrast, when
compared to the jubilation expressed amongst Arab nations then.

http://www.bestirantravel.com/culture/wtc-vigil.html

Just saying, if/when Iranian nuke facilities get attacked, I hope the
'collateral damage' does not radicalize those allies we have there
amongst the younger, and next generation of, Iranians coming up.

Shane Connor
www.ki4u.com