[ RadSafe ] cesium 137 check source rate

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Thu Aug 19 13:35:21 CDT 2010

I don't think there is any regulatory requirement for an exempt source to be
so marked. And AFAIK, this is not a common practice.
Also, the concept of "exempt" source is only applicable if the source has
been issued by a license holder with a general distribution license to a
non-license holder.
If you hold a license, then the source is (AFAIK) no longer "exempt" in so
far as you are required to safeguard it and may not dispose of it
indiscriminately.

At least, this is my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong......
Regards
Doug

___________________________________
Doug Aitken