[ RadSafe ] FW: [gulflink] Low Level Radiation Exposures duringDesert storm

Fri Aug 27 16:31:22 CDT 2010

Hi, Barbara.

I am not saying that there cannot be some type of effect from radiation
exposure.  I do have doubts about claims that exposure too low to be
measured and identified, and that clearly is not as high as natural
background in a number of parts of the world can cause long term
debilitating effects, such as CFS.  I particularly doubt them when the
overwhelming majority of people who suffer from CFS were not in the
place where the exposure supposedly took place, and the overwhelming
majority of the people who were and are in that place do not have CFS.
But I am not saying it is impossible.

However, saying that radiation exposure causes "...exactly the same
unique mitochondria characteristics..." is like claiming that you can
identify people shot with a particular model bullet because it hits all
of its targets in exactly the same unique spot, when no other type of
bullet ever strikes.

I can be convinced, but it will take extraordinary evidence, as opposed
to the quality of evidence being offered, which is none.