[ RadSafe ] A modest proposal

Tue Jul 6 13:23:24 CDT 2010

All of the blasts, including the ones that were not properly contained,
were done after a great deal of planning, in conditions that were far
better known, and where the "worst case scenario" wasn't anything like
as bad.

I am not against the use of nuclear weapons at the correct time and
place (that was my first career).  However, I don't see them as nearly
as versatile an option as some do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rees, Brian G [mailto:brees at lanl.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 11:00 AM
To: Brennan, Mike (DOH); radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Subject: RE: A modest proposal

There have been hundreds of fully contained nuclear blasts, and of the
blasts that did leak, lessons were learned and applied to subsequent
tests.  Hell, even the North Koreans can contain a blast.   Of course,
if it becomes known that nuclear isn't such a big bad boogieman, what
could happen next?????

(Obviously) My own personal opinion...
Brian Rees