[ RadSafe ] A modest proposal

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jul 6 14:32:13 CDT 2010

Yes, Dan,

Since you rather more than less invite RADSAFErs for comments, please accept mine: Being an Austrian citizen, but having been trravelled a lot in this world I unfortunately do not know the "Sedan Crater". I have been contemplating in HIroshima, Nagasaki, on the Trinity site and under an extensive research project on the Mururoa and Fangataufa sites where most of the French tests have been conducted.

This proposal for stopping the oil spill by nuclear bombs is absolutely unacceptable. First of all  nuclear explosions are definitely prohibited by international law. The USA has violated international law (e.g. Iraq), to such an extent that I do not believe that it would be accepted in such a case,  take the public opinion into consideration..

How can anybody propose such a solution? How can mass media distribute such an outstanding nonsense? How can this be distributed world-wide?

But finally it seems to me that this was discussed at RADSAFE seriously as a possibility. How can this happen within the learned community or RADSAFE???

Franz

(Happy to not being blocked any more on RADSAFE.)