[ RadSafe ] Airport Body Scanners

HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 11:44:38 CST 2010

"UNDEREXPOSED  -  What if Radiation Is Actually GOOD for You",

Ed Hiserodt's paperback, is on my waiting room table, and well-thumbed.

The Prologue is riveting (in brief):

             " Radiation can be dangerous.

             So can ignorance.

X-rays for wrist fracture scared a woman into having an abortion,

to prevent the 'likelihood of a deformed child' [ignorant of

200 FEWER deformities in Taiwan apts where 4cSv over 10years

Chen, Luan, J Am Phys & Surg 13/1/Spring '08].

A health physicist estimated the increased radiation as less

than from a coast to coast flight. -

I wonder what my niece or nephew would have been like"

Publicize your engineering analysis, Ed!

Howard Long, family doctor