[ RadSafe ] FW: Outpatient I-131 Therapy under attack

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Tue Mar 30 11:25:37 CDT 2010

Folks

I would only add to David's nice summation, and caveat, that the doserate does not remain constant but decreases relatively rapidly over nominally the four or five days immediately following treatment.  Also, most pts, and especially nowadays, when thyroid Ca is often caught at a very early stage, have very low uptake.  Three percent is a good nominal figure for that.

Cheers
cja