[ RadSafe ] A radioactive thing

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 17:39:01 CDT 2010

Could the material be Radium foil, see www.lm.doe.gov/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=948

"A decommissioned 300-foot-deep, cased borehole containing radium foil remains on site. Two strips of
radium-foil were placed around the casing in the borehole and used for calibrating down-hole logging
instruments. The borehole was decommissioned in place in 2000. DOE perforated the casing above and
below each strip of foil and pressure-grouted the annulus with Portland cement to seal the foil in place".
 Roy Herren