[ RadSafe ] Impact of Cs-137 on Children's Lung Function

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Sat May 22 12:06:22 CDT 2010

Dear Group:

One final note associated with my previous comments: In Belarus & I believe
in Ukraine, people do not have the right just to pack-up and leave an area.
They must receive "permission" to move to a new area since in their papers;
the locality of registered residence is their only legal residence. I had
several Belarusian friends in Minsk that were living / working there
illegally, and they worried that if the authorities found-out, they would
lose their livelihoods and be asked to return to their home villages.

That being said, the ability of people to pack-up and move is limited. Thus,
people living in the Contaminated Territories would not necessarily be able
to move - only from the 30 km Exclusion Zone where they were compelled to
move.

If I am incorrect, I would appreciate anyone in the group correcting my
perception.

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist