[ RadSafe ] Climate Change a fraud?

Jean-Francois, Stephane stephane_jeanfrancois at merck.com
Tue Nov 2 07:09:28 CDT 2010

After all these comments made with all the bad faith in the World, you guys are still surprised when Joe Public is ignoranlty (with the same bad faith) bashing the nuclear power option !

If quality  scientists like you can't accept a fact (climate is changing, we don't know if this is catastrophic or just bad, but yes Mankind is responsible for emitting surplus CO2 that is causing the warming of the climate) why members of the public should listen to you when you say that Nuclear Energy is good for them and is a solution to Global Warming ? With all good faith, I could simply declare that all we need is to be more effective with the energy consumption and we can do without... I am trying to bring this discussion closer to radsafe topics. Because soon, we will hear that the solution for traffic jam is to increase the number of lanes on a highway or that digging more deep sea oil wells is a solution for the energy crisis...simplistics solutions to complex problems.

My only hope is that my 3 kids are already smarter then this, but sadly enough, they will also be the people carrying the burden of our own poor choices.

Kind regards,

Stéphane Jean-François, Eng., M. Env., CHP. | Manager, Environment and Health Physics
Safety and Environment | Global Compliance
Merck Frosst Canada, Ltd. | 16711 TransCanada Hwy. | Kirkland, QC, Canada H9H 3L1
Office: #9-2-448 | P: 514-428-8695 | f:  514-428-8670 |