[ RadSafe ] Climate Change a fraud?

Dixon, John E. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCEH) gyf7 at cdc.gov
Tue Nov 2 13:08:44 CDT 2010

Thumbs up Howard!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Howard Long
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:06 PM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Climate Change a fraud?

Should other countries pay us, since CO2 coming into the USA (usual
westerly winds) is 387 ppm and leaving is LESS at 385 ppm (both
increasing)?
Our expanding forests (50% more than 50 years ago) take in more CO2 than
our cars, coal buning etc put out.

Also, the only significant mortality from air pollution was 400 years
ago in wood-burning, fog-retaining London. My eyes burned in summer in
Pleasanton 50 years ago but not since despite 10 x the population,
downwind from SF. Even in Calif., some things are better.

Howard Long, epidemiologist

On Nov 2, 2010, at 10:11 AM, garyi at trinityphysics.com wrote:

> Doug,
>
> If we can do that without a crazy scheme to pay other countries for
our CO2, and without
> pretending that CO2 is industrial waste (haha, good one EPA!) and
without further
> bankrupting ourselves and our children, then count me in.
>
> BTW, that reminds me: where are all those new nuclear power plants?
Wouldn't that be a

visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu