[ RadSafe ] Was Interesting Proposed Cigarette ProductWarning Labels

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Wed Nov 10 20:50:59 CST 2010

Dan,

That is a very good question! I should have said products rather than
product.

The radionuclide depends on the origin of the plant material. What is the
radionuclide content of the soil the plant grows in? Is the radioactive
material taken up by the plant? If so how is it incorporated in the plant
structure (does it go to the parts that get smoked?) Are the plants
fertilized? I believe the radionuclide content in tobacco comes from the
fertilizer. I am not a botanist, so I don't know the answers to some of
these questions. I think there is a probabilty that any mass produced plant
crop is fertlized with something, similar to tobacco crops. Maybe someone on
the list has more knowledge of this subject than I.

George Andrews