[ RadSafe ] Was Interesting Proposed Cigarette ProductWarning Labels

Harry Reynolds hreynolds at energysolutions.com
Thu Nov 11 11:02:16 CST 2010

I believe most of the Po-210 in tobacco comes from the radon gas
escaping the soil under the leaves which then decays to the short lived
Po-218 which attaches to and builds up on the underside of the leaf and
decays to Po-210.  I think the fertilizer contribution to dose in
tobacco is primarily K-40 along with some uranium/radium/thorium.

Can someone confirm or counter this?

Harry Reynolds
ASRSO
ENERGYSOLUTIONS