[ RadSafe ] Backscatter x-ray

Perle, Sandy SPerle at mirion.com
Mon Nov 22 12:51:31 CST 2010

While I personally dislike the intrusion from these "gropes", I also understand that any perceived weakness in the current system will be the focus of those who can find ways to use this weakness to their advantage. I don't buy the argument that old ladies and children should not be scrutinized or evaluated. It used to be that one only need to profile certain ethic groups or individuals from a certain region. Then we had disgruntled American citizens, citizens from other nations, Hispanic, etc. Then we started to see women suicide bombers. There has been a case where a pregnant female's fiancée loaded her with contraband and potential explosives. The bottom line, when I get on a plane, as I will do again this week, I want to know that everyone has been scrutinized, and that certain individuals are excluded simply because they're elderly, young or have some other reason.

The 4th Amendment, freedom of search .. well,  what about my right, my families right and my colleague's right to survive a flight and not become a victim?

It's a controversial situation, but the polls generally favor overwhelmingly, that the public wants these additional screenings. I don't want the small majority of individuals who don't want any type of evaluation to potentially affect hundreds of individuals on an aircraft. After 113,000 miles this year, I want to keep racking up those frequent flyer miles!

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE:   This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain proprietary information of Mirion Technologies and/or its affiliates.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, delete the original message and all attachments from your computer, and destroy any copies you may have made.  Thank you.