[ RadSafe ] Sv vs. Gy

WHILLANS David -NUCLEAR david.whillans at opg.com
Tue Oct 19 14:25:12 CDT 2010

George,

You might also note that in ICRP-60 (1991), para 74, after a review of the human and experimental animal evidence ICRP decided that the DDREF should be applied only for "absorbed doses below 0.2 Gy and from higher absorbed doses when the dose rate is less than 0.1 Gy per hour". This review was discussed, I believe, in an earlier UNSCEAR report.

Regards,

Dave Whillans  (former Lowell course student)

D.W. Whillans, Senior Scientist
Health Physics Department
Nuclear Regulatory Programs
Ontario Power Generation-Nuclear