[ RadSafe ] Subduction Zones and Nuclear Waste

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:45:01 CDT 2010

Dear Group:

Since I worked on both WIPP and Yucca Mountain, I'll put in my two cents.

The difference between geologic vs. oceanic disposal is simple: For the
first 100+ years, the geologic repository is retrievable storage whereas
oceanic disposal is not.

At-Reactor storage is only feasible to a point. If ultimately fuel is
reprocessed, then perhaps the only additional "storage" needed is
retrievable.

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist