[ RadSafe ] Subduction Zones and Nuclear Waste

Edmond Baratta edmond0033 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 23 13:49:14 CDT 2010

Dear Colleagues:

The idea to dump radioactive waste in the ocean was tried once and was a
disaster.  The waste was dumped in Boston harbor, New Jersey and San
Francisco.  Eventually the containers rusted away.  The waste was at that
time 'Low-level' radioactive waste.  We spent billions on WIPP and Yucca
Mountain and now the government refuses to use them.  Meanwhile the waste is
held at the reactor sites, National Laboratories namely Washington State.
When will the politicians come to their senses.

Ed Baratta
edmond0033 at comcast.net