[ RadSafe ] RadSafe Digest, Vol 445, Issue 1

Dixon, John E. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCEH) gyf7 at cdc.gov
Thu Oct 28 05:30:48 CDT 2010

I believe the FDA only "regulates" such devices when they are manufactured. The standards (radiation leakage) change once devices like these are purchased and operated by users. One example of this kind of device is a microwave oven. The FDA can and does perform radiation surveys on such devices on a periodic basis. I recommend that you check out their website for more details.

Regards,
John Dixon