[ RadSafe ] Nuclear Hysteria

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Apr 1 15:42:27 CDT 2011

Joel,

As far as I remember I usually appreciated your comments on RADSAFE. But
this one is simply unacceptable.

I do not know, where you get your information from - I would never accept
informations from news-media as being the ultimate information. Furthermore
I do not know, whether the second part is original or your interpretation.

Whatsoever, it is blatant nonsense and has no resemblence to reality.
Caveats for nuclear power have been expressed in a few countries within the
European Union, because of public opinion after the Fukushima accident.
Germany has taken off a few very old nuclear power plants from the grid and
ordered checks. This was done a few days before two important elections -
political reasons. Austria has no working nuclear power plant and I as an
Austrian clearly say that the anti-nuclear hysteria cannot be topped by any
other country.

Most other countries have clearly stated that they will not revise their
nuclear plans, nor shut down existing plants.

The former Sovjet states (Russia, Ukraine, Bjelorussia etc.) will not change
their plans for building new NPP's. Where are btw the autocrats? Where are
the Middle Eastern tyrants? Quite a few have been removed recently - not
noticed by the "Independent". How many of the former and how many of the
recent rulers of the Middle East have been and are still backed by the USA?

I hope that RADSAFErs will take the time to read my comment. The original
one is so absurd, totally wrong, that it seems to me to be a targeted
affront for Europe, hopefully not by Joel but this journal.

Best regard,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.