[ RadSafe ] MARSSIM & NUREG-1757V2R1

bjmannpe at aol.com bjmannpe at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 09:44:37 CDT 2011

Bob:

I did a brief internet search and confirmed your finding regarding the very limited guidance in NUREG-1757Vol2. Also checked MARSAME and the ORISE ESSAP Manual (word search found nothing found regarding pavement, or paved areas. From the perspective of performing surveys of paved areas at various facilities, I found several rreports of facility surveys that included paved areas. Will send you a pdf of these directly when I can have them scanned. In these references, the approach in general was to treat the paved areas in a distinct manner from soil areas, based on the operational history and previous characterization results.Examples are former process (mill) building pads, paved areas where rad material was stored and where spills occurred.

BM