[ RadSafe ] MARSSIM & NUREG-1757V2R1

Dick Dubiel Dickdubiel at msn.com
Fri Aug 12 10:39:55 CDT 2011

Bruce: Good to see you are still active in the D&D world. I agree with your assessment. We have surveyed a number of paved areas either adjacent to buildings or pathways where vehicle traffic from/to buildings, or storage of rad materials occurred. The SCM does it quite easily, getting away from the MARSSIM limited monitoring point process. Our findings are usually small areas, contaminated by localized spills. Some have been due to rusted radwaste containers. All have been easy to clean up, usually simply removing some of the pavement.

Hope all is well.

Dick Dubiel