[ RadSafe ] Medical X-ray Doses prior to 1960.

bjmannpe at aol.com bjmannpe at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 14:38:12 CDT 2011

Otto:

You might contact the FDA (see below). They took over regulation  of medical x-ray devices in the 70's, I believe. Their predecessor, the USPHS Bureau of Rad Health (it had several names over the years), did some studies of patient doses from typical radiography procedures; these studies were underway in the early 60's. I don't know if they have any data from prior years or  not.

Bruce Mann

Contact Us

CDRH-Radiological Health Program

800-638-2041
301-847-8149 Fax
dsmica at fda.hhs.gov
Office of Communication, Education and Radiation Programs
Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Avenue WO66-4613
Silver Spring, MD 20993