[ RadSafe ] Nuc Med pt x-contamination of other people

Joseph Shonka jjshonka at shonka.com
Fri Dec 2 13:26:53 CST 2011

Hi Stewart

Prostate cancer is treated with radioactive seeds the size of a grain of
rice.  One of the precautions listed for the treatment is to use condoms
since seeds can be ejected into the partner during sexual intercourse.  Not
sure if this is another case of "cross contamination."

Joe Shonka

--
Joseph J. Shonka, Ph.D.
Shonka Research Associates, Inc.

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
notify Shonka Research Associates, Inc. at (770) 509-7606 and permanently
delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.