[ RadSafe ] Nonsence Claim: by Mangano: RE: 14, 000 US Deaths Linked to Radiation Leaks at Damaged Fukushima Nuclear Reactor in Japan

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Mon Dec 19 21:26:59 CST 2011

Dec. 19

         My message below has nothing to do with any doubt about peer
review.  I was sarcastically noting that the author of the linked
article did not provide a link to the "study."  For that matter the
author did not provide a citation, nor did she so much as say where
it was published.  (Perhaps she is one of Busby's understudies.)

         I've seen "Casablanca" a time or two or three and remember
Captain Renault's famous line.

Steven Dapra

At 07:04 PM 12/19/2011, you wrote:
>Hi Steven,
>Why do you doubt the so-called "study" by Mangano claiming a nonsensical
>4.6% increase in death rates from trivial rad doses in the US was "peer
>reviewed". I think it was reviewed by a group of Mangano's peers: Caldicott,
>Busby, Wasserman, Sternglass, and a few others.
>
>I'm reminded of the scene in the movie Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart
>and Ingrid Bergman.
>The French police chief Captain Renault says: "Major Strasser has been shot.
>Round up the usual suspects."
>
>In the present situation what pertains:
>
>"A nonsensical claim has been made about trivial radiation exposure health
>effects. Round up the usual suspects."
>
>Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
>Damaged Fukushima Nuclear Reactor in Japan
>
>Dec. 19
>
>          I read the linked article.  The author has cleverly
>refrained from linking to the alleged "new peer-reviewed study."
>
>          Probably an accidental oversight.  Har, har, har, . . . .
>
>Steven Dapra
>

>At 05:15 PM 12/19/2011, you wrote:
>
> >" Findings are important to the current debate of whether to build new
> >reactors, and how long to keep aging ones in operation," said
> >Epidemiologist Joseph Mangano, MPH MBA. Researchers found that the death
> >rates in the 14 weeks following the radiation's arrival in the United
> >States rose 4.46 percent compared to the same time period in 2010."
> >

> >http://j.mp/uVc0hE

[edit]