[ RadSafe ] Nonsense Claim: by Mangano: RE: 14, 000 US Deaths Linked to Radiation Leaks at Damaged Fukushima Nuclear Reactor in Japan

Tue Dec 20 11:11:06 CST 2011

I understand and am sympathetic towards your criticism of Linear No
Threshold, but I am unsure of how SI units are to blame.  While I still
think in curies, I acknowledge becquerels are an easier to explain unit.
Sieverts are just rem with the decimal place moved.  Same with grays and
rads.

I am not saying you are incorrect; I am just saying I don't understand
what you are getting at.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Ted de Castro
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 11:15 PM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Nonsense Claim: by Mangano: RE: 14, 000 US
Deaths Linked to Radiation Leaks at Damaged Fukushima Nuclear Reactor in
Japan

You realize of course that this is here to stay and why?

Two things:

LNTH and
SI units!

SI units are proclaimed to be RISK BASED and are a linear units
enumerated all the way down to 0.  So like 1984's Newspeak - SI units
make it impossible to speak anything other than LNTH - thus making a
hypothesis - law!

It kinda hard of blame anyone for using the units as prescribed -
ridiculous as it may be.

visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu