[ RadSafe ] The coming cancer BENEFIT/cost from Fukushma ionizing radiation

Howard Long howard.long at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 10:35:24 CST 2011

Dear Christina,
Merry Christmas and peace, as your name impies.

As an epidemiologist and board member of Doctors for Disaster Preparedness, I have studied extensively the effects of ionizing radiation for 2 decades.
I am happy to reassure you that the rate of cancer in areas with increased radiation in Japan will be measurably LESS.

Please look at
1, the recent post on Radsafe of the UCBerkeley study,
2, B Cohen's radon study,
3, Cameron's review of Nuclear Shipyard Workers (.76 total mortality rate where extra 5 cSv!),
etc.
Howard Long MD MPH