[ RadSafe ] what's scary to you?

Ed Hiserodt hise at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 7 18:47:17 CST 2011

All:

The first reports said it was an ethanol explosion -- which kind of made
sense since the product eats through seals and can't be shipped by pipeline.
(And it's interesting that were it not for the government mandates hardly
any ethanol would be being shipped -- except to liquor stores where it
belongs.)

But the latest news stories said it was methanol.  Truth or purposeful
mistake?  Perhaps to avoid criticizing ethanol more than it's being done by
people who used to eat corn tortillas, but now are eating.  well, what do
you eat as a staple in Mexico or other countries where diets are based on
corn?

Ed Hiserodt

Erstwhile Engineer and Interested RadSafe Spectator

501 258 2571