No subject

Thu Feb 24 22:02:13 CST 2011

Is there a translation for "blow-hard," "wind-bag" or, "self-inflated"?

=20

Jeesh!

Have a nice day.

=20

RadSafe ] radioactivity in garbageFranz Sch=F6nhofer franz.schoenhofer
<mailto:radsafe%40health.phys.iit.edu?Subject=3DRe%3A%20%5B%20RadSafe%20%=
5D%20
radioactivity%20in%20garbage&In-Reply-To=3D%3C5BCB2C62AA4344B884FC1421BDD=
BD249
%40pc1%3E>  at chello.at=20
Sun Feb 27 05:02:16 CST 2011=20

<http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-February/030642.html>  ]
radioactivity in garbage=20

<http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-February/030629.html>  ] State
regulatory authority -was: body dose - witholding data=20

<http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-February/date.html#30646>  =
date ]
[ thread
<http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-February/thread.html#30646>  ] =
[
<http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-February/subject.html#30646>
subject ] [
<http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-February/author.html#30646>
author ]=20

  _____ =20

Dear Demetrios,
=20
I cannot give you an answer about the maximum exposure rate for hospital
garbage, simply because there is none.=20
=20
Since Greece is a member state of the European Union it has to follow EU
regulations, which implies that the member states have to implement =
their
legislation accordingly. There simply must be legislation specific for
Greece - even if it were identical to the EU Directive. It does not make
much sense to inquire on RADSAFE, which is dominated by US citizens. =
Many of
RADSAFE participants are very helpful indeed, which I can confirm, but =
the
US legislation is in many cases very different from others, including =
the
European one. So I would recommend that you contact the Greek =
authorities or
at least someone familiar with Greek Radiation Protection Legislation. I
personally know a few of them.....
=20
The EU legislation for discharge of radioactive material is in no way =
based
on the dose rate at the surface of a package, but only on the =
radionuclide
content in it. This makes sense. Pu-239 will not cause any significant
external dose, but its radiotoxicity would be of concern. The same is =
true
for other radionuclides, especially alpha-emitters, but also =
beta-emitters.
The dose rate at the surface is of of course of concern in the =
regulations
of transport. This should not be confused with conditions of garbage
deposit.=20
=20
I hope that even this negative information might help you to get rid of =
your
garbage in a legally accepted way.=20
=20
Best regards,