[ RadSafe ] [ RadSafe Fusion energy &Technological leadership

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 15:13:14 CDT 2011

In my "mind's eye", I am trying to picture what might happen if we embarked on a
program  to develop fusion energy similar to what was done in Manhattan Project
for fission. I don't know how he did it, but somehow Oppenheimer led a group of
must have been technological prima donnas in what must have involved sorting
through and rejecting many dumb ideas to successfully choose something that
actually worked. This effort must have involved overcoming a lot of hurt
feelings.
I don't know whether it would again be possible without the incentive of a world
war that we had to win or some similar motivation, but it's nice to know that it
happened once---so perhaps it is possible that it can happen again.

Jerry Cohen