[ RadSafe ] DOT and dose calibrator source

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Tue Jul 5 19:25:29 CDT 2011

Folks

This is a crucial point.  I would bet that most peoples personal liability insurance does not cover the transport of hazmat.  On the other hand, if you were carrying RAM as an agent of your company, likely the company's insurance would cover you; clearly, you would want to check with your risk management people, before setting out.

There is also an issue of general licensure.  The NRC's general license is only to common carriers.  In the State of Washington, in contrast, the general license is issued to both common and private carriers.

Cheers
cja