[ RadSafe ] DOT and dose calibrator source

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:30:23 CDT 2011

Dear Josip:

I've run into this before, and the answer that you provided regarding the
definition of "Radioactive Material" makes me worry a bit since all
international and US regulations are identical. These are defined in IAEA
Publication 1225 - TS-R-1, IATA 10.4.2.1 and US DOT 49 CFR 173.403
regulations.

DEFINITION:
49CFR173.403: “Radioactive material means any material containing
radionuclides where BOTH the activity concentration AND the total activity
in the consignment EXCEED the values specified in the table in §173.436 or
values derived according to the instructions in §173.433.”

My Declaration of Exempt Consignment is attached.

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd