[ RadSafe ] Sternglass => Mangano scaremongering =>was:RE:Sci.Am. about Fukushima and US Pacific NW infant mortality

Busby, Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 14:21:16 CDT 2011

The question of the effects on foetus and babies is very much an open one. ICRP does not look at effects like these as they  concentrate on cancer as an end point. I have already suggested there is an effect seen in infant leukmeia. There are other effects also as we reviewed below. The effects on sex ratio have been discussed.

Busby C.C. (2009) Very Low Dose Fetal Exposure to Chernobyl Contamination Resulted in Increases in Infant Leukemia in Europe and Raises Questions about Current Radiation Risk Models. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.; 6(12):3105-3114.

Busby Chris, Lengfelder Edmund, Pflugbeil Sebastian, Schmitz Feuerhake, Inge (2009) The evidence of radiation effects in embryos and fetuses exposed by Chernobyl fallout and the question of dose response. Medicine, Conflict,  Survival 25(1) 18-39