[ RadSafe ] Ra-226 Static Eliminator Bar

BRISSON Nicolas nicolas.brisson at irsn.fr
Tue Jul 12 10:20:49 CDT 2011

Mike explained it all.

Radium 226 has a half-life of 1600 years, radon 222 of 3,8 days, lead 214 of 26 min and bismuth 214 of 20 min.

The only other nuclide you could find with gamma spectrometry is lead 210, but its gamma rays are pretty weak in energy or intensity (13 keV, 22% - 47 keV, 4%)

Nicolas Brisson
IRSN/DEI/SIAR
route du Panorama
92262 FONTENAY AUX ROSES