[ RadSafe ] Smart meters

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Thu Jun 2 18:28:32 CDT 2011

We've had the Smart Meters here in the SF bay area for a year or so -
and for me the kWhr per month has gone up - so I don't know whether the
new or the old measured kWhr more accurately - but they DO measure
differently.

We have also been given the choice ----- for now ---- of the current
rate structure or the time sensitive one.  The lower times on the time
sensitive rate schedule are a little lower - BUT the higher times are
MUCH higher - AND to actually lower your bill you have to radically
change your life schedule and "live" at odd times ---- unless of course
you are a shift worker and then it may work out.  Really working at it
you MAY achieve a 10% decrease - maybe.

Oh yeah - and either way - there is an added charge on the bill to pay
for the smart meters.  We DO have the option of NOT having them - but of
course at a higher rate.

So - you may have noticed by now a common thread - HIGHER RATE.

Smart Meters are most decidedly not a good thing for most rate payers.