[ RadSafe ] Dear Franz, You ass

Maury maurysis at peoplepc.com
Sat Jun 4 15:02:13 CDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

Your comment is certainly interesting in itself, but it triggers added
connotations for me. The personal attacks and name calling really are
sad though so very real. I've long been struck by casual discussions of
history which often lead to comments about how this or that dire event
could never happen again or could never happen here. E.g.,the WW2
holocaust 'could never happen here' (in the US); in the context of your
dismay over unprofessional behavior, for whatever it might be worth, I
believe that people are basically all wired the same way. If we faced
circumstances similar to those faced by Germans in that time period, I
believe we would respond in very similar ways. Even looking back, it
still is remarkable to me that we could have confiscated the property of
citizens with Japanese heritage and locked them up in concentration
camps for the duration -- Amazing.  But we did .... <sigh>

I share your dismay, but can offer no solution. 'Twould seem one can
essentially only ignore them and go on. Folks like that can be banned
from a list or warned privately or in public, but those folks are no
more amenable to change than most of the rest of us. <g>  It has been
said that, it takes all kinds and we've got 'em. Try to remember always
that each of us is unique -- just like everyone else. <g>

I am thankful that you agreed to keep radsafe going and thankful for
your efforts in doing so. I'm convinced that radsafe serves useful,
constructive purposes. Just want to say out loud that you are not alone.
Best,
Maury&Dog {MaurySiskel  maurysis at peoplepc.com)