[ RadSafe ] WHO: Cell phone use

Bill Prestwich prestwic at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jun 6 12:26:23 CDT 2011

Further to this, the following is an excerpt in a recent paper in Radiation
research:

Since it has been demonstrated in the past years that non-ionizing radiation
in the microwave region at a typical frequency of GSM mobile phones (0.9
GHz) can induce spindle disturbances during the anaphase and telophase of
mitotic division in human-hamster hybrid (AL) cells (3, 4) as well as in
root meristematic cells of Allium cepa (5), we extended our investigations
on the induction of spindle disturbances by 0.9 GHz to the corresponding
analysis at 0.106 THz. Such functional chromosome alterations may lead to
chromosome dislocations during mitosis, which may....

Complete article:  Radiation Research 175(5):569-574. 2011