[ RadSafe ] [ Radsafe ] How many curies were involved in Hiroshima

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jun 21 15:20:54 CDT 2011

Chris,

This is a very funny message.

Neither you or anybody else on RADSAFE needs to "estimate" the "release" from for instance Cherrnobyl. I did not respond to the original questions, because it is nonsensical, like all these "gross alpha/beta measurements". How many Bequerel (not Curies) of tritium, of C-14, Pu-239, I-131, Sr-90, I-132 etc. etc., which all have different health consequences, this is the question in the case of a nuclear accident. .

There is an incredible amount of information about the releases from Chernobyl, the impact to first of all former USSR states and all, reallly all of European countries. Even data for countries further away are available, e.g. from the USA where the detection of ultra-low traces of radionuclides were hailed as sensations.

There is more than enough information available about aerosols, about the different contamination by aerosol and particle size. Radioecology has investigated everything very carefully, the European Union has funded the research.

My conclusions about your contribution:

You seem not to know anything about the Chernobyl accident, nor anything about the handling of such a widespread contamination. Since you are obviously too much occupied to earn your money with anti-nuclear propaganda and groups and US lawyers as well your involvement with this ridiculous fake "European Commission of the Antis" (which hopefully pays you well) I fully understand that you have no time to learn anything about basic science on these topics. Raman spectroscopy really has no connection to the topics on which you claim to be the ultimate expert.

I do not expect that you will change your attitude - what would you live on? - but to show other persons what they should think of your "expertise".

Best regards,

Franz,