[ RadSafe ] SL1

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Tue Jun 21 20:48:37 CDT 2011

We were always taught that the control rods were known to stick. Rather than sabotage, I think that the circumstantial evidence suggested that during maintenance the workers pulled too hard on the control rod to move it. Of course with no survivors the truth is gone.

In my opinion it was a preventable accident, there is an accident summary in the LANL criticality report.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad