[ RadSafe ] How many curies were involved in Hiroshima

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Jun 22 10:03:58 CDT 2011

June 22

         For Chris Busby not calling names see
http://www.counterpunch.org/busby06202011.html.  (This is Busby's
reply to George Monbiot's Guardian article about Fukushima.)

Some quotes:

"Riddled with mistakes, Monbiot's pro-nuclear rant reflects errors of
judgement, ignorance and narrowness of vision."

"For all his apparent (and immodestly trumpeted) independence of
thought, George views the world though the same distorting lenses as
the main political systems."

"I [CHRIS BUSBY] am a scientist (unlike George) and my purpose is to
find the truth about the consequences of these various alternatives.
To me, if democracy means anything (which I doubt, being one with de
Tocqueville on democracy) it means that the people choose. But they
must choose on the basis of real data, on the basis of true
information, and not the pie-in-the-sky nonsense peddled by the
nuclear lobby, which George (knowing no better) has swallowed. "

" . . . George's breathtaking ignorance of the effects of
radiation."  (But note, Busby didn't call Monbiot an idiot, so it's all right.)

         And so it goes . . . .

         Busby says (below), "You cannot argue on the basis of
dose."  Just as he seldom gives citations, now Busby omits the
dose.  Since you know so much Chris, what is it and what is your
*source* for it?

         Fukushima is not killing babies in the US.  This is a big
fat lie, and the links I posted a few minutes ago prove it conclusively.

         Busby also says:

"Check out the work of Joe Mangano and Janet Sherman.
Also check out the recent paper by Hagen Scherb on sex ratio.
I have found alpha emitter hot particles in car filters from Tokyo
and my colleagues have found these in car filters in the USA. They
are also in teh UK AWE filters."

         Again, no citations to anything.  When those air filters get
cancer let us know, Chris.  Then it will be time to panic.

Steven Dapra

At 08:04 AM 6/22/2011, you wrote:

>I will reply to this of course. I have told you all several times
>why your logic is that of the kindergarten, but I suppose I have to
>repeat myself. I hope you all register that I do not call you names,
>idiot and so forth like that Franz fellow.
>
>You cannot argue on the basis of dose.
>
>The basis of Dose
>The basis of Dose.
>OK, Got it?
>
>The effects are at the cell level, the DNA
>The effects are at the cell level, the DNA.
>The effects are at the cell level, the DNA.
>
>The ionisation density is what drives the effects
>(3 times)
>
>This is greater for some nuclides than others
>(3 times)
>
>And for hot particles
>(3 times)
>
>Therefore the ionisiation density to the DNA can be very high even
>if the dose (Joules per KG) is very low.
>(3 times)
>
>It is called anisotropy
>(3 times)
>
>OK?
>
>As far as my predictions for Fukushima are concerned, they are
>alrady happening.
>Just as the atmospheric tests killed babies, Fulushima kills babies
>in the USA. Check out the work of Joe Mangano and Janet Sherman.
>Also check out the recent paper by Hagen Scherb on sex ratio.
>I have found alpha emitter hot particles in car filters from Tokyo
>and my colleagues have found these in car filters in the USA. They
>are also in teh UK AWE filters.
>
>Thank you
>
>Chris Busby

[edit]