[ RadSafe ] NOT PROFESSIONAL! THIS IS ACCEPTABLE TO GROUP OF RADSAFE??

North, David DNorth at Lifespan.org
Fri Jun 24 10:14:27 CDT 2011

Proper and professional?   No

Acceptable as it stands now?   Maybe, to some

Surprising at this point?

No, RadSafe has degraded to a chat room most of the time. The scientific
content is vanishingly small. Conjecture, speculation, pointless political
meanderings, personal attacks, and straight-out vilification dominate. The
vast majority of posts seem to originate with a small fraction of the
members. Are all the others disgusted? I hold out a sliver of hope for a
return to serious discussions of substance, but it's getting easier to
delete whole streams of posts from my Inbox unread. I don't have the time,
but there are some who obviously do . . . . .

David L. North, Sc.M., DABR
Associate Physicist
Main Building, Rm 317
Rhode Island Hospital