[ RadSafe ] RoHS restrictions on Pb shielding

Bob Westerdale Bob.Westerdale at ametek.com
Wed Mar 9 16:13:47 CST 2011

Hi-
I'm trying to locate the portion of the RoHS regulations that contains the
exception that allows for the use of Pb in Radiation Shielding in X-Ray
systems.
Our company makes Analytical X-Ray systems, which are currently exempted
from ROHS (Directive 2002/9S/EC) as Control and Measuring Instruments,
but it would appear that this exemption will expire in the next few years.
 I have not been able to find a formal statement  that would provide a
permanent
exemption for Pb as shielding,

thanks!!

Bob Westerdale