[ RadSafe ] RoHS restrictions on Pb shielding

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Wed Mar 9 19:06:50 CST 2011

It looks like it is still pending...  I assume that the additional
exemptions are part of the RoHS2 legislation that I think has been
working its way through EU parliamentary process for at least a year.

I see in this report:
   Review of Directive 2002/95/EC
   (RoHS) Categories 8 and 9
    - Final Report
   <http://
ec.europa.eu/environment/waste/pdf/era_study_final_report.pdf>

Manufacturers and Trade Associations have requested many specific
exemptions required for
Categories 8 and 9 only. Those that are similar have been combined and
are listed here as well as
several more general exemption requests which will be considered
separately.
Proposed new exemptions specific to Categories 8 and 9
Table 45. Requested new exemptions specific to Categories 8 and 9
<there are a dozen or so items in table 45 that are primarily related to
x-ray shielding/collimation/etc>

Best regards,
Cary

---