[ RadSafe ] NRC Press Release and suggested PAGs

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Wed Mar 16 19:38:57 CDT 2011

I believe that they said that Gregory Jaczko in his press conference said that they did not have good info on the age of the fuel or the type of fuel.

I would have to guess that they went with worse case. It would be hard to fault them for that when suggesting that US citizens should evacuate to 50 miles.

That said there is no excuse for the NRC to not release the approximations made in the calculation.

Jeff