[ RadSafe ] I-131 in milk and activity on spinach around Fukushima

Demetrios Okkalides od at tlmq.com
Sun Mar 20 06:27:45 CDT 2011

I am puzled with this. Perhaps it seems OK to find I-131 in milk so soon,
but in spinach? Can a metal move so fast in a plant's uptake cycle? Does
this seem reasonable to you?

(Perhaps I should also add that the hysteria here has reached to the point
where people are afraid they might also have I-131 in their food.)

D.Okkalides
THEAGENEION Anticancer Hospital
Thessaloniki
Greece