[ RadSafe ] xkcd: Relative Radiation Dose chart

Sandra Matzkin matzkin at invap.com.ar
Tue Mar 22 06:51:03 CDT 2011

Thank you for all your comments and references. The HPS paper
(Position Statement of the Health Physics Society) is particularly
interesting and balanced.

This question came to me a few days ago when I heard a RP expert
explanation addressed to a general (but educated) public. I was
surprised to see the 100 mSv (10 rem) threshold stated as a fact. Now
I see that it is more widely accepted than I initially thought.

Best regards,

Sandra