[ RadSafe ] Too much GOVERNMENT regulation

Howard howard.long at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 18:39:01 CDT 2011

Mike, you sound like my son, bitter about "Big Biz".
Some of the immorality you describe is there, indeed, like Madoff and Enron.
However, some gov. officials brag about similar acts, enslaving our grandchildren in debt!

I favor biz/gov although biz (insurer) did not pay me when I gave "unnecessary" service.
But gov.(Medicare) would jail me for fraud, doing what I thought best and the patient wanted.
I escape both tyrannies by having to sell a patient on a service, like back injection or BP med. when I reject any third party payment, as with Ryan plan. Who pays the piper calls the tune.

Big biz, like nuc plant, expects crippling cost, loss of investors and personal shame for execs
if any safety failure over many years, - so tends extra careful.
However, regulators, unionized USA inspectors of BP deep well concrete sealing, not so.

Fuku survived Richter 9 quake, but not 30' tsunami, but no radiation deaths among 10,000!
  The nuclear industry proved its safety again, and should be proud.

Howard Long