[ RadSafe ] Nuclear Physics Political Demise at Oregon StateUniversity

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Mar 25 17:10:18 CDT 2011

Bob,

I appreciate your thoughtful message. I have the impression that Howard Long
is a very nice person, maybe the ideal family doctor, but sorry to say he
seems to lack some knowledge in radiation protection and history.......

Let me start my answer with a standard statement of mine: If this Adolf
Hitler had not been so extremely silly to suppress Jews, to persecute them,
to force the more wealthy to emigrate and to kill the poor ones, he would in
my opinion have won the war. The "brain drain" was so unbelievable, that
whole university and research institutions were without their leaders and
even the second and third row. "German science" had to be thaught -
neglecting all the principles of modern physics. Scientists had to work on
the nuclear bomb (or at least a reactor), but were not allowed to use
Einsteins equation, because this was Jewish science. Just one of many
examples.

If you look at the people involved in the construction of nuclear bombs, you
will find almost only European emigrants, not only from Germany, most of
them being jews.

I am very interested in the history of nuclear physics and especially
nuclear energy and bombs. I have a large collection of books on this topic,
partly bought during my many visits to the USA, especially at Los Alamos,
Santa Fe, and at the book store of the Atomic Museum in Albuquerque. I have
been twice in Hiroshima, once in Nagasaki, I succeeded a few years ago to
visit the Trinity Site, have been three weeks on Mururoa as the head of the
terrestrial working group of the IAEA, was heavily involved in the aftermath
of the Chernobyl accident both nationally and internationally etc. I try to
distill from all those vast amount of informations a picture of the whole
for myself and I sincerely believe that I am now able to judge nuclear
accidents, nuclear war etc.

Immediately after WW II there was a race between the US and the Sovjetunion
to capture the most important German scientists. Just for an example: The
USA succeeded to capture Wernher von Braun. The Sovjets got a lot of nuclear
scientists, but information is very scarce on their contribution to the
Sovjet bombs (except Klaus Fuchs) and the rockets.

As for your question on chemistry and biology I do not have any detailed
information. There is no doubt that the same as for physicists occurred to
them. If they were jewish it did not matter what their profession was -
ancient history, egyptology, school teachers, mathematicians, etc. - they
lost their jobs, were expelled or killed.

Sorry these are the terrible facts. Has the world learnt anything from it?

For more information, please contact me again. I am not almighty, so I
cannot tell you about the accurate content of books.

Best wishes,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD

MinRat i.R.