[ RadSafe ] Tired of hearsay. Pu levels found in Japan? Info sought

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Mar 30 12:28:51 CDT 2011

Stewart,

As mentioned above, I am tired of all the hearsay that is distributed by
papers, other mass media and some political green groups, who need it for
their agenda to multiply the "horrors of nuclear", using this "deadly
plutonium", to raise their quota, which will raise their income from
advertising.

No, I did not search for any data, and if I would be on the place to fight
this severe accident I would not care about taking samples and measuring
Plutonium. (BTW: which one?)

I rely on a comment of a good friend of mine, who has frequently measured
plutonium deposition on Austrian soil over the whole small territory of
Austria and states that the levels reported from Fukushima are far below the
levels deposited during the atmospheric nuclear bomb tests and even farther
down than what we experienced after the Chernobyl accident.

Sorry, Stewart, I did not mean to be unpolite, but I am so tired and sick of
all this hearsay, all these discussions of danger and most of all about the
comments of the self-announced experts, primarily Greenpeace and similar
companies (yes, "companies"), making their money by scaring people to death.
Practically all the issues raised have been dealt with after Chernobyl, all
what I find in Austrian newspapers on Radioactivity after a nuclear accident
can be found in the official report I wrote on Chernobyls aftermath in
Austria.

Next time an asteroid strikes the earth, the constructors of nuclear power
plants will be accused of not having considered this as a potential danger.

Best regards anyway,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.